Sunday, February 27, 2011

Software Skills

I definitely enjoyed learning all the different software skills that we learned in class. It will most certainly help me in the future as a teacher, and even still in school. As a class, we learned all about Microsoft Word, and although I knew a good bit about it, it is always great to review and learn new things! It was also very good to work with Publisher. Publisher is a program that I have not used very frequently and it was helpful to see how much it had to offer! I was shocked to see all the different templates for various occasions and even that they had already set up for their users.

I think that learning more about Publisher will be the most beneficial to me as a teacher. I realized all the things that you can create via publisher such as a banner, greeting cards, and newsletters! The newsletter option will greatly help me as a teacher, especially starting out. Learning how to create a newsletter in Word also will greatly help me. If a template in Publisher is not good enough, I can always create my own. It was great to learn how to apply borders to an entire document and how to adjust the margins to my advantage. I also learned how to use the tables to my advantage, and have begun to like them, after previously disliking them. They are very handy to create multiple choice quizzes.

It was beneficial seeing everyone's documents on the overhead projector to get future ideas for my classroom. I like how several people included birthdays of the month, and then what the classroom is doing in a particular week.

Overall, I think that learning how to create a newsletter will be the most useful as a future teacher. It will help me a better communicator with the students' parents and show them what we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment